Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using extended user accounts to manage the users of our site. To ease maintenance I am seeking to sort the accounts list on given name of the user. In our implementation the given name is stored in k_page_name.

When I change the cms:config_list_view tag and add orderby=k_page_name, then it does not work. The error I see in the admin screen is: ERROR: Unknown orderby clause "k_page_name"
For example, the code snippet below does not work:
Code: Select all
<cms:config_list_view orderby='k_page_name' >
    <cms:field 'k_selector_checkbox' />
    <cms:field 'k_page_name' header='Given name' sortable='1'/>
    <cms:field 'k_page_title' header='Family name' />
    <cms:field 'soort' header='Type account' />
    <cms:field 'nieuwsbrief' header='Flag newsletter' />
    <cms:field 'k_actions' />
</cms:config_list_view>

How can I resolve this?
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
As shown in the docs (https://docs.couchcms.com/tags-referenc ... ml#orderby) -
<cms:pages masterpage='blog.php' orderby='page_name'></cms:pages>

- the term to use is 'page_name'.

Please try that and let me know if it helps.
Hi KK,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, that pages tag is for the front-end, with which I have no issue. I am talking about the admin screen here, the admin screen where we maintain our site accounts. Hopefully there is some resolution for the back-end site as well...?
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Hi,

The admin-panel too makes use of <cms:pages> tag (please take a look at 'couch\theme\_system\content_list_inner.html' if it interests you). The values you set using <cms:config_list_view> eventually end up being used by the <cms:pages> block in the mentioned backend template.

Please try the change I suggested in my previous post and let me know if it helps.
Thanks.
Hi KK, Thanks a ton again, it works. Rewrote the tag to:
<cms:config_list_view orderby='page_name' order='asc'>

and properly working now.
5 posts Page 1 of 1