Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Never mind!! Basic html sins being committed led to Chrome doing its best to correct the html. Have now fixed.
Hi,

Couch is concerned only with outputting the raw HTML that the web server hands over to the browser - when you do a 'view-source:', this is what you see. If that HTML appears properly formed, Couch's job is done.

If, as in your case, the outputted HTML appears to have been further processed upon display, that has definitely been done on the client-end where there is no Couch to affect anything at all (it runs entirely server-side, as you know).

The usual suspect is of course JS. Please try commenting out (using <cms:ignore></cms:ignore> tags) the parts that you think could be responsible to pin-point the culprit and rectify the problem.

Hope this helps.
Hi KK

Thank you for the quick reply - I have worked out that it was simply chrome trying to rectify some bad html. I had wrapped 3 <div> elements within an anchor element, not realising that this is bad form. Whilst HTML5 can handle this, the content of those divs included other anchor elements, which is (apparently) a massive no-no. Therefore chrome was (rightly) correcting this to an individual anchor before each div.

Lesson learned!

Thanks all the same!

p.s. I tried to find a way to delete my forum post, but can't see any option to do so. Is it not possible? :lol:
3 posts Page 1 of 1