Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
ISSUE: Trouble displaying cloned page names by weight order. (like admin config list).

I'm trying to display a list of cloned pages as apart of a page's navigation. I would like for the list to display in the same order as it does in the site admin (img below). I have included the orderby="weight" on my <cms:pages> call. I have each list link displaying its weight (show k_weight) so I can see it's weight number and order for debugging.

The links that are indented have extra css to help indicate that they are nested below the parent topic (Execute:What Do You Need?). I have tested orderby page_name, page_tilte and modification_date. All producing different but expected results. However, "weight" produces the same as results the default (publish_date). Note the all but the top two pages are nested pages of "Execute: What Do You Need?"

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

My code for the navigation display:
Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='execute/template.php' orderby="weight" order="asc">
<li>
    <cms:if k_nested_parent_id=='-1' >
       <a href="javascript:void(0)" class="base"><cms:show k_page_title /> - <cms:show k_weight /></a>
    <cms:else />
       <a href="javascript:void(0)" class="base" style="margin-left: 1rem;" ><cms:show k_page_title /> - <cms:show k_weight /></a>
    </cms:if>
    <ul class="side-nav-sub">
        <cms:show_repeatable 'repeatable_section'>
            <li><a href="execute/<cms:show k_page_id />/<cms:show k_page_name />#" class="anchor"><cms:show content_header /></a></li>
        </cms:show_repeatable>
    </ul>
   </li>
</cms:pages>

Admin list:

Nav list:
The problem is that you are trying to list out 'nested pages' using <cms:pages> tag which essentially has no notion of hierarchy and will always list in a flat manner.

Please try using <cms:nested_pages > tag instead -
https://docs.couchcms.com/tags-referenc ... pages.html

Hope this helps.
Sorry I forgot to say thank you.
I was able to resolve by using nested_pages.

Thx KK
You are welcome :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1