Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I took over an old couchcms project.
The site has a clonable template named 'tmpl--dates.php' with 3 cloned pages.

bw-website.png
bw-website.png (22.34 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

There is a page with default name "Default page for templates/tmpl--dates.php * PLEASE CHANGE THIS TITLE *", which I can't delete. Even if I rename and delete it, a new page called "Default page for templates/tmpl--dates.php * PLEASE CHANGE THIS TITLE *" is automatically created new.

I update to the latest version of couchcms, but the problem remains :( I can't delete this page.

Any suggestions?

That 'default' page is essential to the internal workings of Couch and cannot really be deleted (if deleted, the system will recreate it automatically, as you have observed).

It can, however, be used as any other cloned page by changing the title. If that does not suit you, you may unpublish it (from advanced settings dropdown) - this way it will not show up on any frontend listings.

To completely hide it even from the admin-panel, please use the technique given here -
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11258&p=29592#p29587

Hope this helps.

Thank you, this helps.

It's a bit offtopic, but if you consider to rewrite the documenation to include all the information from the changelogs: I would help you :)

if you consider to rewrite the documenation to include all the information from the changelogs: I would help you :)

That would be more than welcome :)

Almost the full documentation for all later features is already available on the forum (particularly in the viewforum.php?f=5 section). We only need to copy that over to GitHub which is our main repository.

Details for adding to the docs can be found here - https://github.com/CouchCMS/Documentation
Do let me know if you require any specific details.

Thanks,
4 posts Page 1 of 1