Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
On a clonable template the editable fields apply to each occurrance of the template, to each cloned page. This is what you want and expect, the template is used over and over again for the same type of information.
However, sometimes I would like to be able to set some editable fields on the clonable template at header level. Those fields would apply to all the cloned pages and are configurable from the admin pages.

My first use case is to be able to set some overall text for a template. For instance, on our site we have a calendar, which is a clonable template. Each calender entry is a cloned page. I would like to have a header text above the calender that can be edited by site authors. At this moment I am hardcoding that text into the php file.

My second use case is to make certain aspects of the functionality that the cloned pages offer, configurable. For instance, to set the validity period of cloaked urls on our site members file sharing page. The file sharing page is a cloned template, each file is a cloned page. The validity period of a shared link is now hardcoded to 24 hours in the php file, I would like to make that configurable for all instances of the clonable template.

What would be the best way to reach this goal? Or may be this is allready possible ?
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
It seems you are looking for 'Template globals' - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11105
Wow! Yes, that is *precisely* what I mean! Thanks for pointing this out.
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
3 posts Page 1 of 1