Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
If I put a thumbnail in a repeatable, it will not viewed in backend:

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='content' label='Inhalte' desc='Inhalte' type='group' collapsed='0' order='5' />
<cms:repeatable name='articles' label="Artikel" order='5' group='content' stacked_layout="1">
    <cms:editable type='image' name='foto1' label='Foto' group='content' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' />
    <cms:editable type='thumbnail' name='foto1thumb' label='Foto Ausschnitt' group='content' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' width='1280' height='560' quality='92' assoc_field='foto1' />
</cms:repeatable>

When I remove the repeatable, thumbnail will shown:

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='content' label='Inhalte' desc='Inhalte' type='group' collapsed='0' order='5' />
<cms:editable type='image' name='foto1' label='Foto' group='content' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' />
<cms:editable type='thumbnail' name='foto1thumb' label='Foto Ausschnitt' group='content' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' width='1280' height='560' quality='92' assoc_field='foto1' />

Is this a bug?
Is this a bug?

No, it is a documented fact.Type 'thumbnail' editable region does not support being used as a repeatable.

Please see the following for the alternative -
https://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/thumbnail.html
Thank you for the fast answer.

type = 'thumbnail' has the big advantage, that the editor can set a focal point. The tag thumbnail does not provide this feature.

Is there a solution to provide focal points in repeatables?

Greetings Bertram
Is there a solution to provide focal points in repeatables?

I am afraid, no.

That said, in place of 'repeatable region', you may try using the 'mosaic' instead which supports all editable regions -
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11105
mosaic is indeed an interesting feature. It seems to have the ability to build own content elements (i.e. headline + subline + text). I wish I had knew I earlier :)

Thank you very much.
5 posts Page 1 of 1