Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
We have a site with a restricted member area. We have used Extended Users to set up our users, members are 'authentic user' level 2. Everything worked for more than a year. Today, for no apparent reason, one of the restricted pages started denying access to all logged in users. The CouchCMS 'no access' page is shown. No changes were made to the page, nor to the user, nor to the authentication structure or password. User is logged in. Other restricted pages with precisely the same settings are being shown correctly. How can I debug this problem?

First guess was 'it must be the web server'. But the folder and file authentication is correct and the same as other, working, restricted pages.

Done so far:
- Created a second menu entry for the problematic page. Does not work too.
- Tested with a test user. Test user cannot access too.
- Set authentication to a different level, saved, then back again, saved. No change.
- Changed from masqueraded to redirected page. No change.
- Changed authentication level to 'everyone'. Even then, the page won't load: No access.
- Checked database. The couch_templates table seems fine, fields populated as expected.
- Created a copy of the page, loaded it into Couch, created a second menu entry. Works! Then I removed the non-functional page, removed menu entry, changed new menu entry so it looked like the old one.... Back to square one: it does NOT work anymore after this.

Help! Cannot compute, need more input.
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Parental access not granted? :)
I found a workaround. Here's what I do:

- Duplicate the non-functioning page, name it <old page name>_v2.php
- Make a new menu entry, point it to the new page
- Remove old menu entry, remove old file. Keep new file with new name, new menu entry pointing to new page. Then it works.
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
3 posts Page 1 of 1