Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
This time, a really dumb question. But I do not know how to solve it.... Here goes. I have added some fields to the extended users index.php template. I went through the motions to include them in the proper way in the Admin screens. Then I decided that I do not need them after all, and I removed them again, and went through the motions again. However, the fields remain in the Users section. Now, before you go ahead and type the obvious answer, I do know that I should click the "view" icon (the magnifying glass) on the line in the admin screen in order to get rid of them. This works for most templates. However, for the extended users template, there is no such view icon, no magnifying glass icon available. Only edit and delete. And I tried those, and those do not have the desired effect. How can I get rid of these fields, without hacking around in the database?
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
brightwolf wrote: for the extended users template, there is no such view icon

There is one in the "extending" template..
Hi Trendoman, Could you please point me to that location? Because I would not know where to look. I have attached the screenshots of the two views I have available: one is the view that became available after installing extended users, the other one is the out-of-the-box user view.

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 17.59.42.png
extended users view
Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 17.59.42.png (49.86 KiB) Viewed 1280 times

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 17.59.53.png
out-of-the-box users view
Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 17.59.53.png (101.07 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Not sure what happened, but now, finally, I see a "field not found!" message in the admin screen! Must have clicked somewhere that triggered the same action as the view icon would.
It is obvious that in the first screenshot you deliberately removed all icons (and columns other than Title) with cms:config_list_view. No wonder there was nothing to click on.. In such cases one can still click "View" from within form-view of any page and it will work. That's what seems to have happened.
HI Trendoman, I can assure you I did not change anything deliberately in the screens. And I do not know that tag you're mentioning. But I will search my templates and php files for it and report back here. I have been experimenting some while ago with adapting admin views, so there may have been some unintended side effect...
Oops. :oops: Found it. Must have followed the 'theming' instructions then forgot about them. But users/index.php contained this piece of code: see below. Removed it, problem solved. Thanks for mentioning that tag name and pointing me in the right direction!

Code: Select all
<cms:config_list_view>
    <cms:field 'k_selector_checkbox' />
    <cms:field 'k_page_title' />
</cms:config_list_view>
7 posts Page 1 of 1