Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello community,

Can't say how much Couchcms is helping my professional life, so 1st of all: thanks for being so awesome :-)
My problem is:

I have a 3 languages website:

/pt
— /pt/blog
/es
— /es/blog
/en
— /en/blog

The thing is that I'm using only the /pt folder as masterpages with lots of .php files to output different templates.
so ALL template fields, even for different languages, are coming from the same files and same folder.

Now I found out that blog will never work on all languages because when I do this:

<cms:pages masterpage='pt/blog/post.php' orderby='weight' order='asc' >
<a href="<cms:show k_page_link />"</a>
</cms:pages>

All different languages go to same masterpage, which is in PT language :-(
I want to keep just one template for my blog. Is there any smart move so I output each blog/post.php in all 3 different languages?

Hope this is clear.
Thank you so much!
F.
I want to keep just one template for my blog.

And now you have 3 templates in each of the 3 folder? I bet you haven't worked through a forum topic on multilanguage in Couch.. It has (really) all the answers on how to do things automatically.
@francisknightley, to save you some time, here is the post @trendoman was referring to -
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10979
Thank you! I installed the multi-lang plugin and it works great.
Thing is: I already had my website organised by folders before reading this :-(

name.com/pt
name.com/es
name.com/en

I defined 'pt' as my primary language. And now all pages are ID'd with the language plugin as:

name.com/pt/index.php?lc=pt
name.com/es/index.php?lc=pt
name.com/en/index.php?lc=pt

Is there any way I can set the "/es" folders to ALWAYS have a "?lc=es" in the end???
And the "/en" to also have a "?lc=en" ?

And *final question and thanks for being so patient*, what is the easiest way to "hide" this new and long url I have for all pages? Basically I want:

name.com/pt/index.php?lc=pt
to become
name.com/pt/

…As it was in the beginning ;-)
Thank you so much!
I am glad it helped :)

Regarding the question(s) you had - 'prettyURLs' feature, as the term suggests, could help in prettifying the URLs to an extent. The last section (titled "Wrapping up") of the post I mentioned before discusses this issue; I suggest you please take a look at it.

Hope it helps.
5 posts Page 1 of 1