Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
hello, i was super excited when i discovered couchcms yesterday. i delved right in. however, i've hit a snag. after adding editable tags <cms:editable name='main_content' type='richtext'> and closing it with </cms:editable>, as suggested in the tutorial, it breaks my site design. it either pushes some elements off their original positions, or makes some elements like images disappear, or icons disappear or pushes the design out of alignment.
i am fairly new at web development.
what could be the reason why adding the editable tags affects my site design in a negative way?

ps: i placed the first tag <cms:editable name='main_content' type='richtext'> above a div and then placed the closing tag </cms:editable> below the closing div, just like in the tutorial.

any help is welcome. thanks for such a great tool!
Hi,

@trendoman answered an almost identical question with great clarity -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11718#p31570

Concurring with his suggestions, I'll say you please continue with the rest of the tutorial.
You'll soon realize that the best way to create a 'bulletproof' solution, which cannot be inadvertently destroyed by editing out any required markup, is by making only the 'content' editable (as opposed to also making the essential markup editable).

One is free to define any number of editable regions, and as you progress, you'll find that there are several different kinds that make the process more manageable e.g. 'repeatable regions', 'mosaic' etc.

Hope this helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1