Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello guys

I tried installing CouchCMS on my existing static webpage.

I followed this tutorial: https://docs.couchcms.com/tutorials/portfolio-site.html

Installing CouchCMS worked fine and I was able to create a super-admin.

So I then created blog.php with the start & endline provided by the tutorial. I uploaded everything and was able to access /blog.php as it were a normal html page.

Refresh about.php by revisiting it in your browser. Go to the admin section and click on about.php in the list on the left.

I assumed this is /couch/index.php - I'm getting an automatic redirect to /couch/?o=blog.php&q=edit/679ae705f3c6[more numbers]/ with a 403 Error.

Deleting Cookies & Website Data and revisitincg /couch/index.php leads me to the login prompt which i fill in successfully.

Does anyone have an idea where I'm making a mistake?
Can no one help?

I might have to search for an other CMS then...
Your server's error log should be able to provide the exact cause behind the error.
Please try to find that and let us know.

If you still happen to require assistance (and your site happens to be online), you may PM me your site's FTP+Couch creds and I can take a look at the issue for you.
Thank you for your reply @KK!

The logs say the following:
[DATE] [access_compat:error] [pid 1] [client IP:46070] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/ch264132/web/[WEBSITE_URI]/public_html/couch/.html
[DATE] [access_compat:error] [pid 9] [client IP:46160] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/ch264132/web/[WEBSITE-URI]/public_html/couch/.html, referer: WEBSITE-URI/couch/login.php?redirect=%2Fcouch%2Findex.php

The blue parts are redacted by me
Thanks. The "AH01797: client denied by server configuration" part of the error message shows exactly what the problem is.

Since it is related to the way your specific server is configured (that is to say, it is not directly concerned with Couch per se), I will be unable to offer any authoritative advice. A quick google search led me to the following page that appears to be discussing a solution -
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/arti ... figuration

You may try searching on your own or ask your web host for advice.

Hope this helps.
I found the error:

A RewriteRule in the .htaccess file was causing the failure.
6 posts Page 1 of 1