Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello KK,
I am a device that will be using offline and want to install Couch on it. The device runs on a Linux OS and Nginx server. I tried the installation but I keep getting an error in the index file in the couch folder. Is it possible to use Couch on Linux+Nginx? What could I be doing wrong?

NB: I keep getting this error: The browser can't handle the request
Hi,
Is it possible to use Couch on Linux+Nginx?

Yes, of course it is.

Please take a look at the server's error log - that should show the exact problem.
PrettyURLs could be problematic with nginx, so if they happen to be on, try turning them off from config.
Thanks KK. I will check it and get back to you. Thank you
Hello KK,
Finally Couch worked on my Linux+Nginx Sever powered device. However when I try uploading a file using the editable field of type field I keep getting this prompt from the Browse server: Cannot access or create thumbnails folder.
Cannot access or create thumbnails folder.
That appears to be a permission related issue. Please search the forum for more on this.
Ok. Thank you. It's working now. Thanks for your assistance
Hi KK, adimpressions and others who have worked on this

Please answer the following question - is there a difference in the performance of a Couch site if it is moved to a Nginx server?
I have never done this and I want to know if this will increase the speed of my sites ...

Thanks
Hello orbital,
I just started on Linux for the first time and now populating the site with some content so for now I have not experienced any changes in speed yet. Will however keep you posted if I should notice anything. Thank you
Hi
I understand that Couch works really faster with Nginx server.
But editing the .htaccess file after each change is a very bad situation.
Currently we have a link .htaccess - it will be absolutely great if we have and second .htaccess link for Nginx servers!
KK, I ask to do this
This will be a new POWER step for our Couch.
Please signal whether this is on your list :)

Thanks
9 posts Page 1 of 1