Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Is it possible to change the style and position of the 'Powered by CouchCMS'?
One can use CSS to style it as desired - so long as the link remains visible.
Is there stylesheet hidden away somewhere in one of the folders that I can modify or can I modify it in my existing CSS? If the latter, could you give me an example of how I could change it?

Thanks for your help.
By default, the footer-link should take on whatever style you use is your webpage's existing CSS for anchor tags.

If you take a look at the HTML generated by Couch for the footer-link, it is a simple <A> tag enclosed within two <DIV>s with some inline styling.
You can tweak your own CSS to style this link differently.
I'm creating a HMTL5 website and I'm using the semantic "footer" html tag.

The "Powered by CouchCMS" Link convertes my whole page into a link to the couch website. If remove my footer, everything works fine.

If this is not a problem about html 5 tags, how can I change the position of the couch link then? I would like it to show up at the bottom of my page and not directly under my "editable tags".

Thanks
@seraf
Hi,

Couch simply tries to insert the link code -
    just before the closing BODY tag or
    the closing HTML tag if body tag is absent or
    at end of the file if both tags not found.

HTML5 shouldn't be any problem as far as I can see.

Could you PM me the generated code of your page that is displaying the problem? Perhaps looking through it will yield a clue.

Thanks.
@seraf

I had a look at the page link you send and the problem seems to be this -

Floated elements within container div in your layout are expanding past their parent div - a common problem that causes the parents of floated elements to be smaller in height that what you expect.
This is causing the generated link to overlap the floated elements above it.

As a solution (quite well known), please insert the following code immediately after your <footer>..</footer> tag -
Code: Select all
<div style="clear:both; width:0; height:0; margin:0 ">&nbsp;</div>

This div simply clears all the floats above it thus causing the generated to link to appear at the proper place i.e. after the </footer>

Please let me know if this helped.

Thanks
Thank you very much. That's the solution.
KK wrote: By default, the footer-link should take on whatever style you use is your webpage's existing CSS for anchor tags.

If you take a look at the HTML generated by Couch for the footer-link, it is a simple <A> tag enclosed within two <DIV>s with some inline styling.
You can tweak your own CSS to style this link differently.

I'm sorry to bother but, you mean to use a general <a> styling in the CSS file correct? Because I'm trying to stylize only the <DIV> that's generated by Couch, is it possible?

Thank you in advance.
@pedrooliveira
Hi,

You can try this for the div -
body > div:last-child { ..your style here.. }

and this for the anchor tag within it -
body > div:last-child a{ text-decoration: none; }

Hope this helps.
15 posts Page 1 of 2