Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I'm having trouble accessing the data selected in an editable region before I'm going to save the page through db_persist (in the backend, with theming of content_form.html).
What I'm trying to do is to merge the data in k_page_title with k_page_name of the related page to create k_page_name of the new page.

Code: Select all
         <cms:related_pages 'related_region' >
            <cms:set is_corporate="<cms:show k_page_name />" 'global'/>
         </cms:related_pages>

This doesn't yield anything. Adding "frm_" as one would do with the regular inputs leads only to a complaint, as "frm_editable_region" is not a defined relation.

If I'm saving the page again - since by then the relation is set - the new k_page_name is properly build together - but that's of course not how it should work. Any help or direction towards the problem already discussed (couldn't find anything so far though) would be highly appreciated!
Pulling related data from database is wrong, data is not saved yet (relation not yet established). Get data via JS from the input itself.
Could you lend me a hand here by chance? ;)

Otherwise I guess a workaround might do it:
having a 'regular' dropdown with the possible related pages, have the actual related_region hidden and feed the value of the dropdown to the relation upon saving - with this I could use the data earlier. Not the nicest solution though :/
Sorry, no chance. Can't do much from my phone. ;) Perhaps, @kk is still on the hook for premium support since your recent license?
4 posts Page 1 of 1