Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
maybe someone just knows better. I wonder why there are pages of an image gallery which I can't delete anymore, even not as super admin. The little trash-bin icon turns red and nothing happens.

I use the default image gallery with folders and a list view configuration which make them order by weight and arrows and less limitation of pages in the list view.

Did I oversee a rule for the gallery?

I realized now that this happens to pages which have the same title.
Screenshot 2019-04-22 19.49.23.png
Screenshot 2019-04-22 19.49.23.png (19.25 KiB) Viewed 980 times

Ahh, had to edit the post. The issue that I had in mind doesn't apply here. Something else is off then.

Try to switch to regular cloned template (by setting gallery='0' in cms:template - you will see the common list-view without data loss). Does the problem happen in regular list view?

I'm afraid that I could loose some data when I deactivate the gallery. I already caused a mess when I deleted the gg_thumb and didn't know that they were used for the gallery items, so they were gone forever.

I use the gallery because it's much easier for the client to upload images and the list view already fits quite well. But how it really works and how it differs from normal cloned templates remains more or less a mystery to me.

Is there a any way to get these pages deleted and to avoid this issue for the future? I don't list them in frontend by excluding pages without images but they remain in the backend and so that's definitely no solution.

@fjlw, I'll need to take a look at the issue first-hand to know the cause.
If you so wish, please PM me the FTP+Couch creds and I can do that for you.
4 posts Page 1 of 1