Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello,
just tried to move a new site to live server (complete with install_ex.php).
set up database with MySql 5.7
accessed backend & entered first time credentials
got this message:

Installation failed!
1785: Statement violates GTID consistency: Updates to non-transactional tables can only be done in either autocommitted statements or single-statement transactions, and never in the same statement as updates to transactional tables.
INSERT INTO dev3couch_fulltext VALUES ('22', 'Home', 'Home Page (with some extra to see what happens when we wrap) ');

so I setup database with 5.5 and everything worked ok.

Should this be?

cheers,
gwil
Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up.

It appears that the server you had trouble with has been configured for 'Replication using GTIDs (Global Transaction Identifiers)' - essentially copying data from one MySQL database server (the master) to one or more MySQL database servers (the slaves) in a stricter setting.

This mode has certain restrictions which would explain the issue you mentioned.

I'll study more and see if this is pervasive enough to keep into consideration while migrating. As of now, this has been the only report we have had.
Hi,

I experienced the exact same issue this morning. If it helps the host was Ionos (Formerly 1&1).

Installing on MySql 5.5 fixed the issue.

Thanks
Daz
@dzauk Mine was on ionos as well. I'll have a hunt around the ionos server setup to see if anything can be done re 'Replication using GTIDs (Global Transaction Identifiers)'.

cheers,
gwil
@KK just moving a dev site to live on ionos (formerly 1&1). they have removed the option for creating anything but mySQL 5.7, and getting the same error

Installation failed!
1785: Statement violates GTID consistency: Updates to non-transactional tables can only be done in either autocommitted statements or single-statement transactions, and never in the same statement as updates to transactional tables.
INSERT INTO couch_fulltext VALUES ('63', 'Default page', '');

Is there anyway around this that you know of?

I'm trying to get some info out of ionos.

cheers,
gwil
@Gwil, this problem will show only when 'install-ex.php' script comes into play (this is usually used for 'migrating' a local site to a proper host).

For now, I'd suggest you please use the more conventional method of migrating sites - that is through 'phpMyAdmin'. Use it to create the local DB dump and then to apply that on the target server.

If phpMyAdmin, for some reason, is not available, Tim's database backup utility (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9827) should also serve the same purpose.

Hope this helps.
@KK no problem. like you say, not a biggy.

cheers,
gwil
Dear Couch- Professionals,
some of my websites run on the ionos servers, and there is the same problem mentioned above.
Now I tried to install a compleat new version of couch, a php-file with one editable region for testing and a new created database MySQL 5.7.
...the installation is sucsessful, with the message to login
after login there comes the message:
"Could not successfully run query: Statement violates GTID consistency: Updates to non-transactional tables can only be done in either autocommitted statements or single-statement transactions, and never in the same statement as updates to transactional tables"

On a former website-project last year, there was the same problem, but it was possible to change the database to MYSQL5.5 and than it works.
But now - as mentioned above, ionos does no longer provide this opportunity.
what shoud I do, I like to work with couchCMS but if I cannot bring it to life on the server ...

KK you mentioned (Sat Feb 29, 2020) "...this problem will show only when 'install-ex.php' script comes into play (this is usually used for 'migrating' a local site to a proper host). ..."

but I do nothing like "migrating"

what can be done?

Thanks a lot
Angie
For a solution to this problem, please see -
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12773&p=36147#p36147

Hope it helps.
Hello KK,

thanks a lot!
The manual you give in the link above works great!

Angie
11 posts Page 1 of 2