Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to follow this guide.
It says the following:
Impementation:
A sample implementation of extended-users is attached with this post.

N.B. this is just a 'sample' and the markup used has been deliberately kept minimal so as not to lose focus from the code.
It is expected that, once you undesrtand how things work, you'll use your own design in the templates.

Extracting the zip will yield a folder named 'users'. Place this folder within your site's root (NOT couch's root, mind you).

There is no zip attached to the post. Or, am I missing something?

I have downloaded the archive from here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8063. And, it shows the following error when I try to activate index.php:
Code: Select all
ERROR! Unknown tag: "member_define_fields"

I've thought that both of the posts describe the same process. Both of them seem to out-of-date though.

Where can I find the up-to-date guide on how to implement extended users?
Hi,

As stated right at the top of the post you mentioned (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8063), the addon being discussed in it (the name is 'members', BTW) has been superseded by extended-users addon.

The guide that you are using (https://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended- ... s/post.htm) actually belongs to 'extended-users' and not 'members' and hence the problem.

You may find details of the extended-users addon (along with the zip you are looking for) at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8581

Hope this helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1