Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have this in my blog.php

In couch CMS I can edit title and description. However, when I go to see the blog pages the meta content hides under the menu, so when I scroll up and lift a bit the page I can see it right there. It also pushes down the hero image a bit so the shade is not aligned.

Why the meta content is seen in the blog posts?

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='page_title' type='text' label='Page Title' group='page_section_header' maxlength="180" desc='For SEO Please keep it 180 or less Characters'></cms:editable>
<cms:editable name='page_desc' type='text' label='Page Description' group='page_section_header' maxlength="180" desc='For SEO Please keep it 180 or less Characters'></cms:editable>

<title><cms:if k_is_list ><cms:get_custom_field 'page_title' masterpage=k_template_name />
<cms:else />
<cms:show page_title /></cms:if></title>   

<meta name="description" content="<cms:if k_is_list ><cms:get_custom_field 'page_desc' masterpage=k_template_name /><cms:else /><cms:if k_is_page ><cms:show page_desc /></cms:if><cms:if k_is_folder ><cms:show page_desc /></cms:if><cms:if k_is_archive ><cms:show page_desc /></cms:if><cms:if k_is_home ><cms:show page_title /></cms:if></cms:if>" />

<meta name="keywords" content="<cms:if k_is_list ><cms:get_custom_field 'page_keywords' masterpage=k_template_name /><cms:else /><cms:if k_is_page ><cms:show page_keywords /></cms:if><cms:if k_is_folder ><cms:show page_keywords /></cms:if><cms:if k_is_archive ><cms:show page_desc /></cms:if><cms:if k_is_home ><cms:show page_title /></cms:if></cms:if>" />

Or what would be a better solution to display meta title, meta description in every clonal blog post in coach?
I think, if the code you posted above is verbatim, that is because of the way you have defined the two editable regions.
Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7292#p10180 for more on this issue.

Hope it helps.
ok I tried:

1. <cms:template > .. does not work
and

2. hidden =1 Hides the whole meta tag from the search engines

I just need to be able to edit meta "title" and "description " in every blog posts from the coach.

I created it according to coach tutorial but I can not make it work. I know there is are globals to manage all pages, but I just need to be able to edit the metas in every blog page, which are cloned pages

Is there not an easier solution for this? Like some code I can put into blog.php, which will make every meta editable?
1. <cms:template > .. does not work

It cannot end with a "does not work" - it *should* work because that is the staple way all templates work.
Please try to find why it is not working.

Have you made sure to visit the template on the frontend as super-admin after making the change?
Yes there must be a mistake somewhere, I just can not find it

Is there not another way to create editable meta sections in coach for cloned pages, like blog posts?
Could you please zip up and PM me the template in question (along with any associated snippets)?
6 posts Page 1 of 1