Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have seen these topics:
1. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10939
2. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9541

I have set PHP on the server side to have the following settings:
Code: Select all
memory_limit = 128M
upload_max_filesize = 8M

On the CouchCMS side, I have modified fileuploader config:
$Config['k_max_upload_size'] = '0';

And plupload upload.php:
max_file_size : '10mb',

These settings allowed me to upload large images (for ex. 6.5mb) to the clonable template. But now I have two other issues:
1. Whenever I save the page it gives me HTTP ERROR 500
2. Even though I've set explicit values for width and height the image will still render in the original size in the front-end:
<cms:editable type='image' width='350' height='230' name='name' show_preview='1' preview_width='150'/>

I know that 6.5mb image size is ridiculous to display in the frontend that's why I want CouchCMS to handle the changing of the dimensions.

Anyone has any ideas on how to proceed further?
Have you also tried tweaking the memory setting for timthumb (as shown in the post linked below)?-
viewtopic.php?p=21623#p21623
KK wrote: Have you also tried tweaking the memory setting for timthumb (as shown in the post linked below)?-
viewtopic.php?p=21623#p21623

I have changed the timthumb memory limit to 256M and updated PHP upload_max_filesize from 8M to 16M. Now I receive the following errors. Please see attached screenshots.

Attachments

This doesn't seem to be a memory related problem to me.
Perhaps this has more to do with a previous issue that you reported (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11984#p32674) ?

Is your site still on localhost? If not, if you could PM me the FTP+Couch access creds, I'll take a look at the issue for you.
KK wrote: This doesn't seem to be a memory related problem to me.
Perhaps this has more to do with a previous issue that you reported (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11984#p32674) ?

Is your site still on localhost? If not, if you could PM me the FTP+Couch access creds, I'll take a look at the issue for you.

The issue indeed sounds similar, but in the previous post I was not able to upload any images and now only large images (more than 6mb) would not upload. The current site is running on the hosting, so it is not localhost.

I will send you the details so you can have a look.
With the help of KK I was able to fix the issue.
Now I have the following PHP configuration (php.ini):
memory_limit = 368M
post_max_size = 32M
upload_max_filesize = 32M

includes->timthumb.php:
ini_set('memory_limit', "256M");

includes->plupload->upload.php:
max_file_size: '20mb'

includes->fileuploader->config.php:
$Config['k_max_upload_size'] = '20';

With the following setup, I am now able to allow the user to upload an image of almost any size, convert it to desired dimensions on the CouchCMS side. What makes the previously written code work correctly:
<cms:editable type='image' width='350' height='230' name='name' show_preview='1' preview_width='150'/>
6 posts Page 1 of 1