Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I did a clean install of CouchCMS 2.1 in the local MAMP environment (macOS 10.13.6, MAMP 5.2, PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.7.23 ). I have defined the editable tag for an image like so:
Code: Select all
<cms:editable type="image" show_preview='1' preview_width='150' name="image" label="Image" order="3"/>

When I open the admin panel and try to upload an image to the previously defined editable region by clicking "Browse server" I see the window screenshot of which is attached below. None of the buttons work, meaning nothing seems to happen when I click for example "Upload".

In the browser console, I see errors attached below.

How to fix this?

Attachments

Appears to be the same problem as discussed here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11655
Please check if that is so.
All ._ files are removed with (reference):
dot_clean .

Extended attributes for quarantine are removed with (reference):
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Directory-name

The issue remains the same.

In devtools sources in Chrome I can see that there is this line still prepended to the beginning of the joiner.php file:
com.apple.quarantine0081;5bf48e4f;Chrome;10DC5AAD-F1D0-4568-B3DD-B13A89CC5CD0This resource fork intentionally left blank   
Maybe recheck everything (+reboot) as it seems the attribute is still there. Also maybe try the FAT32 USB solution - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3145071

I suggest you review what other people did and find the right solution for your mac. https://www.google.com/search?q=com.apple.quarantine then post successful steps here for others.
I can see that the attribute is still there. Your link provides the exact same information as my previous post excluding the flash drive part usage. By the looks of it is quite a messy hack which just clutters and adds more complexity to the local dev environment. I still hope that there might be a way to achieve this in a "clean" less complicated manner.

Why would only a certain part - joiner.php - of CouchCMS be quarantined by macOS and not the whole thing? Meaning if something is quarantined it should not work at all, but for some reason, only one relatively small part of this does not work.

Why would shadow files create any confusion for CouchCMS? I do not claim to be an expert of any sort but it is my bold assumption that there must be a way to ensure that everything that starts with ._ during the code compilation can be ignored. Is that something considered for 2.2 release?
You quoted the used command (xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Directory-name), but it is over a directory. Did you try to apply it directly on the file? Maybe eventually with the right paths you'll have it cleaned up?
For now, I have found a temporary solution to my problem.

Once I start integrating CouchCMS into the template - copy the couch folder into the directory with a template - I run
dot_clean .

The very first time before I do any modifications to anything.

Since I have started doing that the problem disappeared. Also for those who prefer GUI to the terminal, there is BlueHarvest what initially does the exact same thing.
Thanks for posting the solution :)
@aleks, I have made some changes to v2.2 (GitHub) to avoid this issue with joiner.php.
9 posts Page 1 of 1