Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I inherited a fully constructed website and do not have contact with the original developer. I discovered, through trying to add a new page using the same script as existing pages, that I have to "register" the new page, requiring CouchCMS authentication.

I was able to get into the database and recover the existing admin username and password. However, CouchCMS would not accept these credentials. I tried creating a new user as well with the same permission levels and it would not accept the new credentials either. I'd appreciate some help! I'm a novice user and am at my wit's end just getting this far.
Hi,

The password you recovered from the database won't be usable because Couch stores all passwords as 'hashes' (a security against revealing all passwords in case the database gets compromised).

Since you have direct access to the database, please use @trendoman's solution for creating a new password - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10223#p24602

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help! That did get me access, however, it led me directly to a new problem, though this may be out of the scope of Couch. I have set my permissions for the page in question as directed (7-5-5) via cPanel, but now I'm getting hit with a 403 error:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /seller/ on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Any thoughts on that one?
That seems squarely to be a server related permission issue (and not a Couch problem per se).

Googling for "Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe" comes up with a bunch of pages discussing this problem with its solution. Please try one of those.

Hope it helps.
KK,

I have been going around and around on this one! I made a new post detailing this problem, in case someone recognized it, but thought I'd pitch it back to you as well.

I contacted GoDaddy's support team and after a ton of trial and error, they determined the issue to be with CouchCMS (though that might have been just to get rid of me, at that point). I have verified that the .htaccess file exists and even generated new .htaccess via the admin panel in CouchCMS and updated the file on the server accordingly, but it did nothing. GoDaddy's support folks claim that I have to somehow generate specific script via CouchCMS for a new page.

I was able to make our templates cloneable by following the tutorial documentation and created a cloned page with the desired name following that workflow...however THAT page is only accessible at domain.com/seller.html. It will not work without the .html or with .php, as attempting to access it any other way produces the same 403 error.
5 posts Page 1 of 1