Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello

In the extended users template the custom form view via config_form_view it does not show up.

Any idea?

Regards,
Olliwalli
Do you mean tags cms:html, cms:style, cms:script don't work?
In the extended users template index.php I have defined a <cms:config_form_view>...</cms:config_form_view>. But when opening a user the definitions of cms:config_form_view do not alter anything in the users detail view.
I have put something for my clean extended users template 'users.php' and it worked. Maybe if you paste your code, we'll spot something wrong with it? Mine follows -

Code: Select all
<cms:config_form_view>

<cms:field 'extended_user_email' >
        Hidden!
    </cms:field>

<cms:html>
        <h2>It's working!</h2>
    </cms:html>

</cms:config_form_view>

As a side note, configuring any template affects only the view of that template -> config of the extended users template doesn't affect the system 'Users' section.
Tahnks, using <cms:html /> I was able to output the code, but only in the custom extended user template. But that's no problem.

My actual goal was to show the user's password in clean text. But it is not shown. I need this when a user forgets it's password, so that I can tell it to him.

I tried:

Code: Select all
<p>Password (extended_user_password): <cms:show extended_user_password /></p>
<p>Password (k_user_pwd): <cms:show k_user_pwd /></p>

But nothing shows up. Can I access and show the password with a run_query?
No one can guess a password because of the system design. It is not a matter of 'hide-show' - passwords are stored in db as a hash. For example, when CouchCMS itself needs to check a password (when a user logs in, for example), then it takes user input, hashes it and matches the new hash to the stored hash. It is not possible (other than brute force) to find the password, not even for superadmin..

If user forgets the password - implement lost-password.php template - user will be able to reset his password and confirm it via email.

Next, if you still must manually reset passwords, then just create a new password for the user and mail it to his email. CouchCMS doesn't require to input old password to set a new one :) Maybe a custom button in admin list-view or form-view will be comfortable for admin to set a random new password and mail it in one go. You can save user's password in a text editable as well (not recommended :) )
Thanks for this interesting insight! I was not aware of this. Yes, a forgot password page should be on my agenda :-)

Regards
7 posts Page 1 of 1