Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a site I worked on for someone which works fine on my laptop, I began couchifying it from here so all is good.
However I packaged it and mailed it over to that someone to install it on their laptop so they can show the client but from day one it has denied to initialize the main pages (such as index.php)

The site uses extended-users and session as well as data-bound-forms from kfunctions.php, these were all commented out to help initialize the site, all the extended-users pages such as users/login.php and users/register.php registered ok and so I re-enabled the kfunction modules, now when initializing my-site/index.php I get the error saying masterpage about-us/index.php not found, when I try to initialize that page then I get the same error but for a different masterpage, and it’s an endless loop, can’t find index, can’t find schools, can’t find about-is and back to can’t find index.

This whole time no pages get registered in Couch’s control panel,
There’s only one user, the super-admin, and like I said earlier it’s the same site that works on my laptop but has refused (in the same way) on 2 of my friends computers

Any suggestions? I will try and get the site online for you to check, if need be
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
If the site was working fine on your system, instead of trying to recreate it template by template on the client machine, the preferred way would be to migrate it using 'gen_dump.php' as described here - https://docs.couchcms.com/miscellaneous ... erver.html. As an alternative, you may use the data dump from phpMyAdmin instead.

This way the target system will have all templates pre-registered and this will prevent the kind of deadlock you mentioned.

Please try it and let me know.
Hope this helps.
I did a clone of the database and installed it on the other guys laptop, all was well until he tried to modify some pages.
And I figured he wants to become the super-admin so as to take credit, if you know what I mean.

Looking at my options I will go for the gen_dump and clone my site to his machine.

Thank you so much once again KK
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
What's the issue with online showcase without sending files to anyone? Hosting is pretty cheap..
4 posts Page 1 of 1