Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm working on a site for members to log into; however, I've followed the instructions on activating the following:

"require_once( K_COUCH_DIR.'addons/extended/extended-users.php' );" in the kfunctions.php and then I get nothing but "ERROR: Extended Users module - users_tpl 'users/index.php' not found" and blank screen on the website and admin panel, so then have to uncomment it again?

Thanks guys
Hi,

Please make sure that 'users/index.php' template is indeed registered with the system (you should be able to see it in the admin sidebar). If not, first register it by visiting as super-admin and then add its name to extended-users config.

If you think you have already completed that step, then perhaps the name of your template is not 'users/index.php' i.e. 'index.php' residing in a folder named 'users'?. Please check and use the correct name (you can see the name by hovering over the template in admin sidebar).

Hope this helps..
Hi KK,

Thanks for your reply.

I unzipped the 'users' folder straight into the root of the site, updated the extended > config.php, but still nothing showing, even after refreshing the page I get nothing in the admin page either?

This is how the config is set up:

$t['users_tpl'] = 'users/index.php';
$t['login_tpl'] = 'users/login.php';
$t['lost_password_tpl'] = 'users/lost-password.php';
$t['registration_tpl'] = 'users/register.php';
I'd request you to please give the docs (https://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended- ... s/post.htm) a second reading.
The procedure is actually spelt out in quite some detail there but I'll repeat the main point here -

Please comment out the settings in the config file.
First visit the 'users/index.php' on the frontend in your browser (as super-admin). Come back to the admin panel and make sure 'users/index.php' is visible in the sidebar. It is only now that you should uncomment the $t['users_tpl'] = 'users/index.php'; line from the config.

Repeat the same process for the remaining three templates (assuming you wish to have those features for your site).

Hope this helps.
4 posts Page 1 of 1