Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm new to couch but so far I have found it to be really great, I just need some help figuring out a couple problems.

1. I am using a template within a folder to create new articles so I have site.com/articles/game/gamearticlecms.php as my template, but with pretty urls it redirects to site.com/articles/game/gamearticlecms/article-name however I'd like it to redirect to site.com/articles/game/article-name

2. I would like to remove the .html from the url. I know this is possible with a regular html site using some code similar to below:

Code: Select all
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html$ /$1 [L,R=301]

so I would think it would be possible to implement this for a couch article.

I know this is all really technical but I hope someone can give some advice on how to proceed.

Thanks!
Hi,

Couch relies on the presence of ',html' in a prettyURL to figure out whether the view being accessed is a 'page_view' or a 'folder_view'. So, assuming we removed it from 'article-name.html', Couch would now try to find a folder named 'article-name' instead of the page with unexpected results.

I am sorry but the out-of-the-box prettyURLs feature doesn't provide much flexibility for us to fiddle with.
Okay, thanks. :D
3 posts Page 1 of 1