Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Currently, I have a slider with a title, subtitle/tagline, description, and image. I want to be able to upload multiple images the same way I upload one. I know that nested repeatable tag does not work. Is there a workaround or another option to accomplish this scenario?

Code: Select all
<?php require_once( 'admin/cms.php' ); ?>
<cms:template title='Section' executable='0' order='6' />

<cms:repeatable name='list' label='list' order='3'>
    <cms:editable type='text' name='title' label='title' order='1' ></cms:editable>
    <cms:editable type='nicedit' name='tagline' label='tagline' order='2' ></cms:editable>
    <cms:editable type='nicedit' name='description' label='description' order='3' ></cms:editable>

<cms:editable type='image' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' name='photo_landscape' label='Photo' order='4' ></cms:editable>

</cms:repeatable>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>
Hi,

I am sorry but I don't think I was able to understand the requirement here.
Using repeatable-regions to create a slider, each row becomes a single slide - i.e. one image with its associated components.
So for adding a new slide, you add a new row.

Could you please explain how a 'nested' repeatable-region (supposing it was possible to have one) would be required in your use-case?
In the Photo column, I want to be able to add multiple photos instead of just one. I understand this as a nested repeatable tag in the CouchCMS context. Is there a way to allow the user to add multiple images?

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 5.01.09 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 5.01.09 pm.png (78.8 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
Two ways -

1. If there are a finite number of images (e.g. max five), you may declare all the image regions in the same repeatable region.
The user can leave empty the ones not required. Having these many regions in a single horizontal row would be unwieldy so you may want to switch to the 'stacked_layout' of repeatable-regions (please see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11105).

2. Use 'mosiac' (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11105).
Declare a single tile with the same text regions as in your current version but add a repeatable-region containing only the image region.
This way while create a new row, you'll get a repeatable region where multiple images can be selected.

Hope this helps.
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 10.46.20 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 10.46.20 am.png (33.92 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

I am experimenting with mosaic layout. It seems that nicedit edit html feature does not work. Console displays the attached error.

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.20.12 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.20.12 pm.png (49.56 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.23.50 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.23.50 pm.png (39.6 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

Browse server also stopped working.

Perhaps worth noticing that I have upgraded this CouchCMS installation from 2.0 to 2.1 to use the mosaic tag. Upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and still have the same issues.
I don't think the error is related to specifically 'nicedit' (I just checked and it is working fine with mosaic).

Could you please check the following thread that reports exactly the same error messages? - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11655&p=31278#p31278

Do let me know if that helps or not.
I have removed all instances of files starting with "._" . This did not resolve the previously mentioned issue.
Just noticed that not only edit html but insert link, remove link, insert image and remove formatting also do not respond to input and return the same error.

Just did a clean install of 2.1 and removed "._" files. The issue stays the same.

Pushed everything to the production server from local MAMP environment and browse server started to work but edit html still is not working returning the same error.
7 posts Page 1 of 1