Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I first installed CouchCMS in July 2018. I got help on this forum for intermittent stopping of inline editing at that time...and all was then working fine. (prev thread: https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11671&p=31354&hilit=chrome#p31354)

I've been away from doing things on the site that uses CouchCMS, and upon trying to use inline editing, I found it had stopped again. I checked the code and it was still correct (per prev instructions that worked).

Note: Editing in the editor works.

Testing revealed the following results:

• Windows 10 64-bit (laptop): Inline editing does not work on any browser tried...Edge, IE, Firefox & Chrome.

• Windows 7 64-bit (desktop): Inline editing does not work in Chrome, but works perfectly in Firefox & IE.

PHP code excerpt:

Code: Select all
<!-- START: COUCH EDITABLE REGION -->
<div <cms:inline_edit 'palmdale_sch' /> ><cms:show palmdale_sch /></div>

1. View Source Results in browsers (either platform) in which inline editing does not work:

<div  ><div>

2. View Source Results in browsers (Win 7) in which inline editing does work:

<div  data-k-inline="http://www.avpav.org/couch/?o=inline&q=edit&tpl=10&p=0&nonce=1b5f6e5cae786b82eff94d4ab551b5e7&flist=palmdale_sch&ajax=1" data-k-toolbar="default" contenteditable="true"  ><div>

I snooped around, changing pop-up & site blocking settings, etc., with no luck.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Doug
Hi,

I am on Windows 7 64-bit (desktop) and inline editing seems to be working just fine for me in Chrome (latest version).
So, I don't think this is a browser related issue.

I can say that also because the <cms:inline_edit> tag is executed *server* side - whatever its output is, it becomes part of the HTML returned to the browsers by the server. So no matter which browser is involved, the tag's output is expected to be seen.

It is intriguing to me that this does not seem to be happening in some of your browsers.
Are you sure you are editing exactly the same page in all the browsers? I ask this because the <cms:inline_edit> works only in 'page view' and will return an empty string in all other views (e.g. 'list view'). Please double check.

If that is not the case, perhaps some factors local to your machine are involved (e.g. some browser plugin)?
Please try using some other machines.

If other Couch users deploying inline editing on their sites happen to chance upon this thread, I'd like to hear from them if they find anything amiss recently.
Inline edit works for me on W10+Chrome. Didn't the OP forget to re-login as admin?
I'd have to agree. If it's working in other people's Chrome on both Win 7 & 10, that pretty much eliminates it being strictly a browser issue. That of course leaves me with nowhere to turn. I don't savvy plugins, etc., but I did snoop around for anything such as extensions, add-ons, settings or whatever I could find...but then I don't really know what to look for if I should run across something. Tried turning a few things off, test (reload), and turn back on when nothing changed.

Javascript is set to Allowed. No sites blocked.

Example...Content Settings: Turned off Safe Browsing protection, closed Chrome and reopened, then retested. No change, turned back on.

Example...Content Settings: Set Pop-ups and redirects to Allowed, closed Chrome and reopened, then retested. No change, set back to Blocked.

Example...Content Settings: Turned off Unsandboxed plugin access...same process...no change...turned back on.

(I don't sign into Chrome...never have and not wanting to.)

The same version of Chrome is being used on both the Win 7 & 10 computers:
70.0.3538.77 Official Build 64-bit

The Windows 10 laptop is using native Windows 10 (i.e.-not a Windows upgrade).

Without a ready answer, I might just be stuck. Doesn't seem quite right, since my real last name is COUCH. lol.

Thanks, Doug
:roll:
4 posts Page 1 of 1