Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a snippet containing a set of editable regions which I embed across a number of templates
Code: Select all
 <cms:embed 'editables_multimedia_mosaic.html'/>

I now want to use the snippet within a clonable template
<cms:globals>      

<cms:embed 'editables_multimedia_mosaic.html'/>

</cms:globals>
But using cms:embed within cms:globals doesn't work for me. I can copy and paste the content of the snippet between the cms:globals tags and it works OK. It isn't the end of the world of course :) but it's quite nice to only have to make any changes to the editable regions in the one place i.e. the snippet.
... realising more now that being able to use an embedded snippet in the Global regions for a clonable template would actually be VERY useful! For example it is the best place for SEO fields and I keep these in a snippet. For now I am copying/pasting the code from the snippet into all the Global regions for clonable templates to set up SEO fields. It would be very nice to simply embed as it looks tidy and means updates are simple to apply in just one place. Is there any chance of finding a way to do this? Thanks!
I too would find this very useful
I too would find this very useful

Later versions of Couch allow using <cms:embed> within <cms:globals>. Please check again.
I've failed to get this to work, can anyone help?

I added a checkbox value under a
<cms:globals...
tag, I'm failing to access that variable from a
<cms:pages...
repeatable

The global value is for a checkbox, so that this template can be displayed (or not) on the homescreen.

--- EDIT ---

https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11105
seems to be my solution
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
5 posts Page 1 of 1