Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using the 'repeatable' tag to define and show a list of files. Members of our club can see the list of files on the site after logging in and view or download them.

Since I do not think it is possible to use the 'folders' tag within repeatable regions, I have defined a field in the template for this. It is called 'type' to define the type of file (manual, form, meeting minutes, etc). It is defined as a radiobutton.

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='type' opt_values='Rules | Forms | Manuals | Minutes | Other' type='radio' />   

On the website I now would like to show all different types available as clickable links at the top of the page. By default, the user can see all files. When clicking one of the link only files of that type would be shown.

I think I should be able to access the unique values of the field 'type' by using get_custom_field. I have added this to the template (see below) but nothing shows up. How to fetch and then display the values (ie loop over them) of a editable field within a repeatable region?

Code: Select all
<cms:get_custom_field 'type' masterpage='bestanden.php' />
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Solved by ditching repeatable regions and converting it to a regular cloned page. Copied the way of working as explained under photo gallery. Even though I am using it to share documents, not photos, it works like a charm: first the folders are displayed, the user can click on a folder to display its contents. Folders were implemented using dynamic folders and the regular folders tag. All works as expected now, in fact: even better.
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
2 posts Page 1 of 1