Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't seem to be able to find an answer in forum.

I have a plane vanilla (not clonable) index.php, which has services.php, about.php, contact.php, etc.

I have a navagational menu in each (well, embed the html for this) that uses the href=<cms:link 'index.php' />, href=<cms:link 'services.php>, etc.

All of the pages work just fine and the navagation works just fine until I turn on pretty urls, generate the htaccess, and put in place. After that point, only index.php works properly (by properly, I mean all images load, the css directory/configs are found, etc). Following the nav bar to any other pages brings up some of the html to the page, but all of the images and styling are missing.

The site is at the root of the domain, so no subdomain involved.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !
Hi,

Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11744&p=31663#p31663 which discusses this very problem.

Hope it helps.
Thank you, that the base tag suggestion worked great !
Hope this still falls under this topic - help please...

I only want to use pretty url's on templates that are marked 'clonable' (e.g. link comes up with template.php?p=xx

When I run the gen_htaccess.php to generate .htaccess statements it creates new urls for ALL my pages?

I've tried just copying across the template rules into .htaccess and switching on pretty urls but does not work.

Why does the gen_htaccess.php process PHP files that have cms:template in them? I only use the cms:template so that I can set a title in the Admin backend. Have I confused "template" with something else?Is there another way to change the name shown in the admin interface?

Cheers (and slightly confused)
@Jonathan,
Suppose 'contact.php' is a non-clonable template - with prettyURLs switched on, this template needs to be accessible as https://yoursite.com/contact/ (i.e. without the .php extension).

Therefore the .htaccess file has entries for *all* Couch managed templates - clonable or not.
I only want to use pretty url's on templates that are marked 'clonable'
I am sorry but once prettyURLs feature is switched on, all templates fall under its ambit; we cannot selectively turn it off for some.
KK wrote: @Jonathan,
Suppose 'contact.php' is a non-clonable template - with prettyURLs switched on, this template needs to be accessible as https://yoursite.com/contact/ (i.e. without the .php extension).

Therefore the .htaccess file has entries for *all* Couch managed templates - clonable or not.
I only want to use pretty url's on templates that are marked 'clonable'
I am sorry but once prettyURLs feature is switched on, all templates fall under its ambit; we cannot selectively turn it off for some.

Is there any way to add to the .htaccess file with prettyurls switched 'off' to get pretty urls or at least get rid of the myclonablefile.php?p=45 scenario?

It's just the params we need to get rid of.

Would it not be an idea to allow clonable pages to use the 'title' as the name as an option? The /?p=xx is an old fashioned method to get to pages and does not go well with Google and the search engine optimisation stuff?
6 posts Page 1 of 1