Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
My hamburger menu appears alright when browser is made smaller. However its menu doesn't appear on clicking. Not sure what went wrong. It used to show up before. My website is http://www.fouridine.com. I am using bootstrap v.3.3.

I got someone to help with converting my html files and css to couch, so the final files look very confusing to me.
Hi,
I did the conversion 2 years ago and just looked into backups that I still keep for your website. In the current website browser's source-view I did not see default jQuery / Bootstrap scripts that must be loaded. These scripts were mentioned in a snippet /snippets/scripts-foot.html and the content of this snippet must be exactly this -
Code: Select all
<!-- Bootstrap core JavaScript
================================================== -->
<!-- Placed at the end of the document so the pages load faster -->
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="<cms:show k_site_link />js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
<!-- IE10 viewport hack for Surface/desktop Windows 8 bug -->
<script src="<cms:show k_site_link />js/ie10-viewport-bug-workaround.js"></script>

The snippet was called in each page, for example index.php had it in the bottom -
Code: Select all
[index.php]

</main>

<cms:embed 'scripts-foot.html' /> 

</body>
</html>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

Please make sure this snippet does exist. If you are unsure, I can look at the problem first-hand via FTP. Perhaps, something is missing and therefore my backup.will definitely help if you don't have yours.
Hey,

Yeah I tried to look into the snippets folder for the scripts-foot.html. Turns out there was a cms:ignore script on either sides of the scripts and the scripts were commented out. I removed the comments as calling for jquery.min.js, etc as per your script below. Loaded it back into the snippets folder but upon a hard refresh, the menu still wouldn't work.

I've also checked index.php, it has the scripts-foot.html embeded.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

I can give you my ftp to check, thanks! Over email please, at feeblechicken@gmail.com
Hi,
I think you have done everything right. I now see that we both missed one last step - removing existing cached pages - please visit /couch/cache via your ftp browser and delete all files from there. It will remove cached html and Couch will regenerate those automatically for each visited page.
I have checked source again and seems that Couch is still serving cached pages, without scripts appearing in source. Please try this and if it won't help I will definitely find another solution. I have taken a note about your email address. Thanks.
Thanks! Its finally working! It looks fine on my mobile. Just wondering though on my desktop browser, when i minimise the window to test the mobile hamburger menu, the menu appears fine except for a horizontal scroll appearing but not in my mobile. This would be to do with the CSS I suppose right?
5 posts Page 1 of 1