Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear KK and others,
I have some clonable pages in a template called post.php, which uses dynamic folders. I have created links in my main navigation menu using the cms:folders tag like this:

Code: Select all
<ul>
<cms:folders masterpage='post.php'>
  <li>
    <a href="<cms:show k_folder_link />"><cms:show k_folder_title /></a>
  </li>
</cms:folders>
</ul>

I've enabled prettyURLs and mostly everything looks great save for one thing:
The url structure is site-name/post/news/ for the news folder, where I would prefer it to be site-name/news

Similarly, for a cloned page, the url structure is site-name/post/news/post-title.html, and I would prefer it to be site-name/news/post-title.html

Is there some way to use cms:link to craft the url? Or another solution? I tried a few things, unsuccessfully and scanned the forum. Thanks in advance :)
Hi,

I am sorry but the prettyURL structure is pretty much untweakable (unless one opts for 'custom routes' viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981 but then she will lose out on all the default views and have to implement everything herself - not worth the trouble for simply changing the URLs a little).

Oh well, too bad. I'll guess I'll set up redirects in that case, since there is an existing site that's being redesigned. I wonder if there's any way Couch would have a simple routing mechanism a few versions later (which is different from custom routes) and completely decouples the page name and the url... All said and done, super happy with Couch, and will figure a workaround for this :)
Thanks for the rapid response, as always, KK :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1