Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I use random page titles when inserting pages for uniqueness, and the random string is clickable by default to open editing of the page.

When I enter this in my config_list_view, it changes to first name and last name but the ability to click through to edit is gone.

Code: Select all
<cms:field 'k_page_title' sortable='0' >
   <cms:show firstname /> <cms:show lastname />
</cms:field>

I know something like this needs to be there, but I am not sure how to get the hyperlink value.

<a href="<cms:show kk_what_goes_here />"><cms:show firstname /> <cms:show lastname /></a>
<cms:field 'k_page_title' header='Name' >
    <cms:if k_can_update >
        <a href="<cms:show k_update_link />"><cms:excerpt '48' truncate_chars='1'><cms:show first_name /> <cms:show last_name /></cms:excerpt></a>
    <cms:else />
        <cms:excerpt '48' truncate_chars='1'><cms:show k_page_title /></cms:excerpt>
    </cms:if>

Hope this helps.
I assume this would work as well.
   <a href="<cms:admin_link />"><cms:show firstname /> <cms:show lastname /></a>

Having just explored and tested KK's answer, I must add that I understood his answer. He suggests to *not* give an edit-view link for Administrators in those rare cases Superadmin had set assess level for a particular page to 'Superadmin' via Advanced Settings menu.

It is possible though to access form-view if the link is known, so data on the page can be seen. And indeed such link is available in 'Actions' column. Why make it hidden in the other place?

Also an attempt to view a restricted page does not lead to any kind of warning or visual hint. It will produce an ugly moment when data is edited by Administrator, but on page save everything gets lost and infamous "Cheating?!" message gets on screen. Very pitiful experience.. (and places system above a person as well).
I assume this would work as well.

Yes, of course.
It is just that the version I posted is the exact equivalent of what Couch uses internally in normal listings (where a page can have conditions where it is not permitted to be updated).

One may use either of the two.
4 posts Page 1 of 1