Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I would appreciate some advice on the most user-friendly way to achieve the following ... a stage production will be made up of a number of performers. I have two clonable templates - production.php and profile.php

profile.php will consist of a growing number of performer biographies which should be selectable from the production.php template and reorderable easily by dragging and dropping - as in repeatable regions or mosaic.

I have set up profile.php as a relation in production.php within a mosaic (as mentioned here https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11196&hilit=relation+repeatable).

Code: Select all
<cms:mosaic name='team_profiles' label='TEAM PROFILES' desc=' ' order='55'>

<cms:tile name='profile' label='PROFILE'>   

<cms:editable
            name='profiles'
            type='relation'
            masterpage='profiles.php'
            label='Select team member'
            desc='click on +Add, select from popup list and click OK'
            orderby='page_title'
            order_dir='asc'
            advanced_gui='1'
        />
    </cms:tile>
</cms:mosaic>

This works OK but has what will seem to the client as an extra layer of unnecessary pop-ups. To make this clear I have taken some screenshots of each step of the process required to add a performer.

ADVANCED GUI.gif
ADVANCED GUI.gif (67.52 KiB) Viewed 1185 times

Ideally steps 2 and 4 wouldn't be necessary.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and how might be the most streamlined and user-friendly way to achieve this? Thank you.
... would I be right in thinking that this is how it works and there isn't a way to get the Advanced GUI feature to work in a more streamlined/user-friendly way?
If there are not too many profiles, you may use the relation region normally (as opposed to with the advanced GUI) - this will remove the middle two steps. If, however, you absolutely must use the advanced GUI, then I am afraid I can't see any workaround this issue.
3 posts Page 1 of 1