Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Here's a question.

Does clonable template when making a new one with pretty url enabled, generates html file? Or do we have to make one and place it where it belongs?
Not sure if I understood the question correctly but I'll try to answer from whatever I could gather.

Suppose you have a registered template named 'portfolio.php' and it is clonable.
Now further suppose there are three cloned pages of this template named, rather creatively, 'one', 'two' and 'three'.

With prettyurls enabled, you'll be able to access the three pages as
/portfolio/one.html
/portfolio/two.html
/portfolio/three.html

It *appears* as if there are physically three .html files in 'portfolio' folder but that is the magic of prettyurls. Physically there is only portfolio.php - all its cloned pages exist only in database.

So, the answer is that you don't have to make an html file and neither does Couch generate one when creating a cloned page.
It is all virtual.

Please let me know if that answers your query.
Hi, thanks in advance. Is it possible to get .htm extension via "pretty url"?
Hi,

I am sorry but the extension can only be '.html'.
Thank you on answer KK, it helped alot :)
I am having a problem with single template index.php wich is in mysite.com/subdirectory/index.php (currently root, after deployment it will be without subdirectory)

After enabling and updating htaccess, going to index "view" from admin panel it sends me to mysite.com/?p=84 wich is root index and it doesn't have nothig to do with index.php i am trying to make into html, and after manual typing into URL mysite.com.subdirectory/index.html it shows me also a root index but with out any style. it's really strange.

htaccess is generated from admin panel

what am i doing wrong ?
easyknee wrote: I am having a problem with single template index.php wich is in mysite.com/subdirectory/index.php (currently root, after deployment it will be without subdirectory)

After enabling and updating htaccess, going to index "view" from admin panel it sends me to mysite.com/?p=84 wich is root index and it doesn't have nothig to do with index.php i am trying to make into html, and after manual typing into URL mysite.com.subdirectory/index.html it shows me also a root index but with out any style. it's really strange.

htaccess is generated from admin panel

what am i doing wrong ?

i comment in htaccess #RewriteRule ^index.php$ "" [R=301,L,QSA] and now index.php is working, but not getting pretty url
Since your site currently resides in a sub-folder, you'll need to specify this in the generated htaccess file.
Please find the following directive within it and set it to your sub-folder -
Code: Select all
#If your website is installed in a subfolder, change the line below to reflect the path to the subfolder.
#e.g. for http://www.example.com/subdomain1/subdomain2/ make it RewriteBase /subdomain1/subdomain2

If the URL problem persists, try explicitly setting your site's URL (with the subfolder) in couch/config.php
Code: Select all
// 1.
// If neccesary, define the full URL of your site including the subdomain, if any.

Hope it helps.
8 posts Page 1 of 1