Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm pretty new to couchcms. I'm building a website now. I really like how couch retrofits in my existing website and i really like how i can make a very clean back-end for my client. But i have this problem that keeps on coming back: the visit the template as super-admin to register or update a template doesn't work quite often.

I usually test my website (and the back-end) in several browsers. So often i have 3 browsers open with several tabs each. I learned that couch doesn't really like that. So this is what i do to register or update a template:
- log out in all browsers
- quit all browsers
- open just 1 browser
- visit the template in a second tab

That was already a bit annoying. But now that doesn't even work. When i visit a new template, the template recognises me as superadmin, but the template doesn't seem to register at all. The template does not appear in the admin menu. When i log out the template returns the couch login screen.

Is there a workaround? Is there a way to force couch to register/update a template? Can i turn of some checks in the couch/functions.php? Can i add the template myself in mysql? I saw on this forum more posts about this problem, but "visit the template as super-admin" seems to be the only answer so far.
Hi,

I agree with you - the workflow seems a little tedious at first. But, usually, one gets used to it as things move along.
Also, let me assure you that Couch has no problem whatsover with multiple windows or browsers, as you mentioned.

If find using the following arrangement useful while working on a site -
1. Open the admin-panel and login as super-admin.
2. Open a new tab in the same window as above (so now one tab has the admin-panel and the new tab is adjacent to it).
3. Now anytime you visit a template in the new tab we opened above, we can be sure that we are doing so as super-admin.

Nothing else is required. If you visit the template you are trying to add in the tab adjacent to that holding the admin-panel, it should get added. Period.

If it does not, probably the template code has something wrong.
If you wish, you may PM me the template and I can take a look.

Hope this helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1