Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I'm using the extended-users addon and was wondering, is there a way to automatically verify users, thus not having the users to click an email link after signup?

Thanks! :)
Hi,

Could you please share with us how you propose to do that verification?
KK wrote: Hi,

Could you please share with us how you propose to do that verification?

I meant the automatic verification link that is sent out after a user registers. Is it possible to not send out that link (just a welcom email), but instead automatically verificate a new signup?

Thank you :)
Is it possible to not send out that link (just a welcom email), but instead automatically verificate a new signup?

Yes, of course.
If you take a look at the sample code where we create the user account (https://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended- ... s/post.htm), you'll see that we are explicitly setting the k_publish_date to '0000-00-00 00:00:00' -
Code: Select all
<cms:db_persist_form
    _invalidate_cache='0'
    k_page_name = "<cms:random_name />"
    k_publish_date = '0000-00-00 00:00:00'
/> 

That date is a signal to Couch to create the page as 'unpublished' - i.e. the account in inactive and cannot be used until it is published (by admin or through the activation mail).

If you wish to automatically make the account active, just remove the k_publish_date = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' part and the account will be active the moment it is created.

You can then send to the user a welcome message instead of the activation link.

Hope it helps.
4 posts Page 1 of 1