Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
So I upgraded a local couch website and was gonna go and redo some parts of it using the new (very awesome) mosaic feature and added the code and all... but when checking it on the admin panel the mosaic field itself all appears except for those add tile buttons on the bottom.

I checked the code, tried copying and pastying the example code in the 2.1 beta thread, I tried disabling my theme in case my own styling was messing things up, even adding a mosaic to different pages, but still nothing.
Removing the tiles from the code gave me that message in the admin panel that tells you they've been removed, so the template appears to register them.

The oddest thing though is that it worked when I coded another website using the beta version (it's now deployed on my webhotel, and still on the beta version because I forgot to upgrade it)

Any idea why this might be?
Please PM me the full template within which you have defined the mosaic field.
I'll try it out on my system and let you know.
Thanks.

I setup your template on my system and everything seems ok to me.
The mosaic buttons are appearing as expected.

Perhaps your upgrade process did not go smoothly.
Please try upgrading to the v2.2b of Couch available from GitHub - https://github.com/CouchCMS/CouchCMS

Let me know if that helps resolving the problem.
Sorry about taking so long to reply, thought I had email notifications on and then kinda forgot about this :oops:

Anyway, I tried upgrading again but only managed to get some error. Something about duplicate database columns.

Either way, I made an entirely new fresh install of both uniserver & couch and while readding a few files I think I may have discovered what's causing this. See, the mosaics were working as expected until I readded my addons/kfunctions.php file which suddenly made the mosaic buttons disappear again.
Upon further investigation, it appears that the code from this thread (https://couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10573), which I'd added to the file, for some reason is breaking the mosaic and making the buttons disappear.

So for now I've removed the code and the mosaic works as expected.

...Have yet to find what I used the code for and what I broke by removing it though :P
pitchpurple wrote: Upon further investigation, it appears that the code from this thread (https://couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10573), which I'd added to the file, for some reason is breaking the mosaic and making the buttons disappear.

So for now I've removed the code and the mosaic works as expected.

...Have yet to find what I used the code for and what I broke by removing it though :P

I think you can safely ignore that mod, because it is not needed anymore with its functionality became a part of CouchCMS long ago. However you must review every part of your own code where you have <cms:each /> tag. Just use new variables instead of those provided by mod (names are different). PM me when you need help.
@KK I've also updated the original topic.
5 posts Page 1 of 1