Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to insert cloned and nestable pages, into the menu structure that is built using a nestable page?

What I am trying to achieve is something like explained on the Menu Maker docs page. Following that example, what I am trying to do is to insert "Testimonials" as a clonable page (listing multiple testimonials) into the menu structure.

I have this working but I had to do a small hack, making the site more complex to maintain.
Is this possible 'out of the box' ?
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Nothing right out of the box, I am afraid, but it should take only a trivial amount of Couch code to do that - something you already seem to have done.
Yes that's correct. My point is that I want the site to use one template and one template only: index.php. Where the 'page content' part can vary. In fact I want 'sub templates'.

I solved this now by declaring the 'sub templates' seperately as clonable pages and adding content below them.

In the index.php menu structure I add the (clonable) pages too, but they serve no purpose other than menu generation through <cms:menu />.

When the entry is selected from the menu the user re-enters index.php, which I adapted to recognize which page (or template) is called and changes the template so we can show the wanted content.

This works very well. Problem is that it is a bit counter intuitive, and needs a change to index.php each time that a new clonable template was added to the index.php menu structure. I will document it really good, for myself or the next webmaster!
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
3 posts Page 1 of 1