Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Being net to couch cms and enthousiastic, I am converting my static site to couch. One problem I cannot solve, although I did a lot of testing and searching for an answer...

I have a small site, three static pages now which I placed under cloned page index.php. The index.php is just a placeholder, because I want to display the other (each having a different template) as a menu.

This is the structure:
index.php
|-- Bio
|-- Resume
|-- Privacy

When you enter the site, index.php is shown empty (as expected). I want it to display the content of the Bio page, and tried something like this:
<cms:if k_is_home >
<cms:show page_name='bio' />
<cms:show bio_content />
</cms:if>

All I see is either an empty page, or the text 'bio'. Not the content of the Bio page.
How can I make this happen?
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Hi,

Please try the following -
Code: Select all
<cms:if k_is_home >
    <cms:redirect "<cms:link masterpage='index.php' page='bio' />" />
</cms:if>

It should redirect the visitor to the Bio page whenever the home page is accessed directly (the <cms:link> computes the URL of the bio page).

Does this help? Do let me know.
Yup, works ! How simple it can be. Funny thing is, I tried redirection but through the couch cms admin panel, and that did not work.

Thanks !
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
3 posts Page 1 of 1