Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

CKeditor gets very slow for loading my images after I uploaded 3000 images to my website. All images are compressed, and I uploaded very small and compressed images to .thumbnail folder also.

Before I upload these images everything was fine. CKeditor loads smoothly and fast. But difference is first time I uploaded my images via CKeditor. And next time I uploaded 3000 images via Filezilla and CKeditor gets very slow.

Please someone help me on this issue.
Hi,

I suppose you mean KCFinder (the file manager) and not CKEditor (which is the rich text editor).

Coming to the problem, are all the 3000 images in a single 'folder'?
If so, upon showing that folder, KCFinder will have to make 3000 HTTP requests to show all the thumbnails. That should explain the slowness (no different from a regular web-page slowing down while trying to show 3000 images).

If that is the case, the only real fix would be to divide up the images into manageable chunks by creating sub-folders.

There is also an option in KCFinder to display only the names of the files instead of the thumbnails.
Please switch to that and see if that helps.
Hi KK,

Thank you for your solution. Yeah it is KCFinder, I mistyped because of my sleepless night :D .

I will create sub-folders and divide images as you suggested.

Thanks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1