Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying installing Couch on a live server. After successful installation and clicking on the log-in link as a super-admin, I have this error message:

This page isn’t working
(my website) redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have tried re-installing severally but no success.

Attached is the index.php for your perusal.

Kindly help out.

Thanks
Hi,

Could you please try downloading and installing the GitHub version (https://github.com/CouchCMS/CouchCMS)?
I think that should fix the problem. If not, please do let me know.

Thanks.
I downloaded from Github as directed but It did not work. same error message. The index.php will not load unless I remove the "<?php require_once('couch/cms.php'); ?>". After the "Too many redirects", this comes up:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@jofamakinwa.name.ng to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Looking forward to resolving this soonest.

Thank you
Please PM me your FTP + Couch creds and I'll take a look at the issue.
Thanks.
Thanks for the creds.

I had a look and found that an existing .htaccess file in the site's root was the cause for this redirection loop.
For now, I have renamed the file to .htacceccx to disable it and the admin panel is showing up fine.

You'll have to revisit and rectify the rules in your .htaccess if you wish to keep it.

Hope this helps.
Dear KK,

Thanks so much. You have really lifted up a burden off me. Big kudos for the great work you are doing. Thanks once again.

Regards,
Abiola
I am using xampp on the local server to test the cms but I do not know if it is an error of the site I uploaded or of couch.Image
@joshmongo, please try accessing the 'couch' folder directly - domain.com/couch

If you get the same issue, try placing a plain HTML and a non-couchified PHP file (e.g. containing just <?php phpinfo(); />) in the site's root and see if you can access them.

That should help in figuring out where the trouble lies.
Hope it helps.
8 posts Page 1 of 1