Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I never really managed to make those local test servers (like WAMP) work properly so, when I decided to rebuild my website, I opted for putting it together in a temporary subdomain. Once everything was functional, I moved all of the website files to the home page.

Most content was already set up before the site was move: the journal (blog) entries, the images in the gallery, the books I'd set up in the store.

When I tried to add something else to the store, the image thumbnail wasn't generated. The same thing happened with the gallery; the image uploads fine, but the thumbnail isn't generated as it should be (see attached image).

I did set up https and pretty urls after moving the site (and before trying to add more images). Would either of those have caused the problem?

Attachments

Hi,

It cannot possibly be a permission issue as you were able to upload the main images without any problem.
We'll have to take a look at the other factors involved in creating a thumbnail.

1. Is the GD Library module enabled on your setup?
One way of knowing this could be placing a <?php phpinfo(); ?> statement in any PHP template and seeing if GD library is mentioned anywhere.

2. Is there sufficient memory to process the uploaded images?
Edit 'coucn/includes/timthumb.php' script (line 49) and try changing the value from "64M" to first "128M" and then "256M"
Code: Select all
ini_set('memory_limit', "64M");

Please let me know if this helps.
I don't really know all that much about PHP, but I've attached a screenshot of the GD section that appeared when I did step 1.

Changing the memory limit in step 2 didn't net me any new results.

It's a bit of an odd situation, since the hosting setup is identical to the test subdomain and it worked fine with the test. I hope the attached image can clarify things.

Attachments

The screenshots shows that GD is indeed installed and available.
We'll have to look for the reason elsewhere.

If you wish, PM me the FTP+Couch creds for your site and I'll try to see if I can find something.
Message sent. I appreciate the help.
Thanks.

I had a look. For testing purpose, I created a new (unpublished) page in gallery section and uploaded an image to it.
The image uploaded fine and upon saving the page, I could also see that the thumbnail generated just fine.

I had a look at your existing gallery pages and all of them are showing the thumbnails just fine.
When you visit the gallery index page on the frontend, the images you see are actually the thumbnails, so no problem with those.

So, has something changed between the time you made the last post and I checked or do you still do not see the thumbnails?
I you still do not see those, it probably is some issue local to your browser or something because the thumbnails are definitely getting generated.
I haven't changed anything. I tested again and it looks like the problem is with images I uploaded to the "store" subfolder I made in uploads/image.

In the Store section, the items that are published are the ones I'd uploaded before moving the site. The unpublished item was created after moving, and it shows the problem with thumbnails.
7 posts Page 1 of 1