Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello. This might be a question for KK, but if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it...

I have recently upgraded some of my websites to CouchCMS 2.1, and have made great use of the new Mosaic feature! This is a great way to make custom "modules" for clients to be able to add/remove/edit from their website. Since working in 2.1, I've noticed that after building up my templates and editable regions, I can no longer delete individual pages from any of the templates created. When 2.1 is first installed and a template is first made, the pages can be created and deleted... but when I start adding more editable regions (or possibly when I am changing the default admin layout of the template in the CMS), the individual pages of the template become unable to delete. It will even show the notification "Are you sure you want to delete page:" and seems to go through the motions of deleting... but the pages are still there...? Each one of the templates I've created within CouchCMS 2.1 are doing this, and I'm not sure if I am making an error, or if it is a 2.1 bug. This wasnt happening in 2.0 and the only thing I have changed about how I am using CouchCMS with 2.1 is that I am using the Mosaic in conjunction with Related Pages in multiple areas to build the 'main' website pages... in other words, I have one 'main' template that controls the pages and menu of the website, and the other templates are to build components (Media Galleries, Employee Profiles, etc.), and the components are added to a 'main' page via Related Pages editables within a Mosaic.

Hopefully this makes since. The only way I can delete pages on the few websites I've now switched to 2.1 is to go into the database file and delete the page from there.
WorthDesignCo.com
Hi,

I'd be interested in taking a look at the issue first-hand.
Please PM me the FTP+Couch super-admin access creds for your site with exact instructions on where I can see the problem.

Thanks
Thank you for the creds @WorthDesign.

I had a look and found that you had removed the 'Selector checkboxes' form the list-view.
The checkbox serves to pass back the IDs of the selected pages and so without them in the form, Couch had no idea which pages to delete.

I took the liberty of adding it back into your <cms:config_list_view>block for index.php -
Code: Select all
<cms:config_list_view>
    <cms:field 'k_selector_checkbox' />

And now I don't see any problem in getting the pages deleted.

I think, if you really don't need those checkboxes to show, you may try using CSS to set 'display:none' for them.

Hope this helps.
Awesome! Thank you so much for your help KK. I did not realize the importance of the checkboxes staying there. I will try hiding them with CSS, otherwise it's not a huge deal that they stay.

The recent changes with 2.1 are definitely game changing for developing with CouchCMS... keep up the good work my friend!
WorthDesignCo.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1