Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am using cough cms for building a website. It goes fine on most of the browser. Yet, a user reports to me that she cannot load my site normally. I have checked with her browser and found that all <cms:> codes cannot be recognised and registered well in her browser. Thus she will see all <cms:> tags instead of translated html.

No matter using chrome or ie by desktop or even safari by iPad, she encountered that same issue.

The weird thing is, I myself and my team has not encounter any of these issues in our browsers.

Just wondering, if there are any cases that some antivirus or and softwares installed in the comouter or iPad would probably blocked the registration of the couchcms?

My site is: http://bit.ly/2EqQLkR
Please feel free to tell me also if any one is encountering the same problem while visiting the site.
Hi,

It is a very strange issue -
Couch tags are rendered server-side so it doesn't really matter which browser/client is used to access the page; the same HTML is returned to all.

If the same page shows up with <cms:> tags rendered properly to one user and the tags unrendered to another, the only possibility that I can think of is that for the second user, the server aborted the process before the rendering was complete and thus returned unprocessed output.

Your problem is not tied to a particular browser or even machine ("No matter using chrome or ie by desktop or even safari by iPad, she encountered that same issue.") so it could perhaps be the user herself.

Is the user logged in with his specific Couch account when this happens? If so, try logging off and using your admin account on the problem iPad/desktop. Does that make a difference? Try logging off form the same machine and visiting the site as an anonymous visitor.

Please let me know how it goes.
Hi, thank you for your reply. I have thus focused on the clients' devices for tackling the problem.

The user can successfully access the site by using incognito mode. Thus, I have cleared all the cached browsing data from all browsers of the user and the user can access the site normally now(Thanks God).

It seems that the user(and some of his colleagues from his team) has visited some websites that would cached "something" that prevent the cms tags from loading normally from their browsers.

I am wondering what kind of data being cached would possibly be the major trigger of the crash. And which area of the cms would possibly be affected so seriously by some cached data?
Please do one more test before we can consider this issue solved -
ask the user to login using whatever Couch admin account you have created for them and then ask them to visit the site (both the admin panel as well as the front-end) while being logged-in. Is everything working normally still?

Please let me know.
Hi,

The user is not using any admin account, she has not even visited any pages of the cms. She is just a normal viwer of the site which is building with couchcms.

After I have cleared the cached data, she is able to visit the site normally again. Yet, after she has visited some webpages and restarted the computer, the site is again, not being registered well.

Would there be any cases that, some cached data would prevent the server from loading some pages that would prevent the site from registering the cms tags?

If it cannot be solved, I might be requested to abandon the usage of couchcms......... :cry:
See, I can well understand your frustration but I am sure you can understand too that I cannot debug a problem that is happening to only one person out there; the site loads OK for you and your team, it is loading OK for me.

It has to be something at your user's end that is causing this - it cannot be her specific machine because, as you mentioned, the problem crops up on iPad etc. too. The next suspect could be some proxy server in the pipe line. Perhaps the organization your user is visiting the site from has one (ask them to find out). Maybe that proxy is freaking up on seeing certain data and returning incomplete content.

The culprit could be, as you are suspecting, the server Couch is hosted on. In that case we'll have to try and pin-point what that user specific data is. I visited the site and found that some encrypted cookies are being exchanged. You, as the site developer, should see which component on the frontend that you have used is sending these cookies. Are you using any PHP scripts for the site? Take a look at those.

From your description it seems that the web server is aborting the page return process in between and returning incomplete document before Couch could transform its tags to HTML.

Take a look at the web-server log and try to find your user's requests. You may well find something reported there that could help.

Keep me posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1