Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi people!

I really hope you can help me out on this. I followed CouchCMS instructions and everything is going absolutely great, the only problem is images. In my local environment, they work as expected. But live, this is the behaviour:
    - I can upload an image
    - The image appears on the post
    - On my next deploy, the image disappears

My site is on heroku, I already told it to not override the /uploads folder but it didn't help. At every deploy, all images have broken links (even the smileys) and have disappeared from the file manager.

Is there anything known that could cause this?

Cheers
Are these the images used within the type 'richtext' region or is it happening with type 'image' and 'thumbnail' as well?
Hi KK, thanks for answering!

Type image and thumbnail as well
Type image and thumbnail regions (unlike type richtext) don't save the full path of the image so even if the host changes they continue to work. It is perplexing that even those two are displaying the problem.

The default folder where type 'image' saves uploaded images is 'couch/uploads/image' (can be changed from config).
When you find that the regions are showing broken links, please take a look at the server's file system and see if the images have indeed disappeared from the location mentioned above.

If they have, then the problem is not that of the CMS - you need to review the deployment process.

Hope this helps.
Hey KK,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the help. It does seem like my problem is due to the nature of heroku, explained here https://help.heroku.com/K1PPS2WM/why-ar ... ng-deleted

I'm going to have to host the uploaded files on Amazon S3. I've been tinkering with this but it seems that Couch, in its current state, doesn't support it. Any advice?
I had 4 different php developers from my company look into this. They think there's a way but it's hard to find it without knowing Couch inside-out. Could anyone give me a hint?
What kind of hint? Do you want to symlink /uploads/ dir to a remote server location?
Is that even possible?

Any hint that would help me figure out how to host my uploads on an AWS S3 bucket. I can't see on this forum that anyone has tried before but, it seems unlikely, and also someone who knows Couch CMS better then me might have an idea...
I am extremely sorry, Benny, but uploading images to AWS is not currently possible through Couch.
I have added this feature on my todo list but for now, I am afraid I don't see any ready solution for you.
9 posts Page 1 of 1