Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
When I hit browser server and use the file manager to upload images, if I have replaced some old images with new images, the thumbnails still display the old images, even after clearing cache and after hitting the refresh button. How can I get it to display the new images? Note - when I actually select the image, it does show the correct new image in the admin and on the front end, so it's only the thumbnail display in the file manager that isn't updating.
Hi,

Have you, by any chance, placed some custom rules in your site's .htaccess involving caching and cache expiry time for images? Please check.

Other than that, perhaps your host's proxy is caching images too aggressively. Please let them know the problem and ask whether that is the case. You might have to ask them to skip the admin ('couch' by default) part of your site from caching.

Hope this helps.
Hi,
I have not made any changes to htaccess except for what was generated for pretty urls to work. Also, this is on my localhost, not a remote server. Perhaps I don't need to worry about it when I put it up on a remote server?
Hi again!
I figured it out!
Just a little info on what I've been doing - I am making a number of different website templates using couch and when I make a new one, I usually copy the files from the last one I did and start from there, to save time. In this process, I copied the uploads folder over which includes the .thumbs folder. I guess this folder contains thumbnails of images from the template I copied from which don't get replaced when I update images, so the key here was to delete the .thumbs folder. Then, the next time I accessed the file manager, it generated a new .thumbs folder with all the current images. :) Hope that makes sense.
Yes, it did :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1