Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I have this issue with recreated thumbnails.

I have my regular image:
Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='image_1' label='Header Image' desc='Upload image for your post here' type='image' />

And the thumbnail
<cms:editable name='my_imagethumb' type='jcropthumb' assoc_field='image_1' desc='will be created automatically' width='200' height='500' show_preview='1' />

Plus a jCropThumb for testing
<cms:editable name='my_secondimagethumb' type='jcropthumb' assoc_field='image_1' desc='will be created automatically' width='200' height='500' show_preview='1' />

And whenever I try recreating the thumbnail with either of them, it all works as expected till you hit Save. At that moment, both thumbs revert back to their original form. Centered.

I checked out the uploads folder and the images have been cropped but they are not updating in the admin or in the website therefore this must be a cache issue.

I have added
<cms:no_cache /> 
in the page where I am displaying the image but it's still not taking effect that easily and what about the admin panel? Is there a way to force load the new images at least there?
Some background: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7853

With the ability now to control the admin panel HTML markup, I think you could override the thumbnail src, to implement what was suggested in the above thread - a random querystring parameter or some other cache-busting solution.
2 posts Page 1 of 1