Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I have upgraded a site to 2.0 with the latest release from GitHub (running it locally). I followed the instructions to upgrade, read multiple forum posts and installed a fresh copy of couch (replacing the necessary snippet folders). No matter how I approach it I get the following error:

Could not successfully run query: Duplicate column name 'searchable'

When I try deleting the column I get this error:

Could not successfully run query: Duplicate column name 'type'

After I delete the k_type column, the searchable error comes back. Not sure what to do from here.
Hi,

Did you take a backup of the database before upgrading?
If so, please try rolling back to the previous working state and initiate the upgrade once again.

If not, let me know and we'll have to try and correct the botch up manually.
I do have a backup and have tried upgrading and reinstalling multiple times with the same result. A bit of a head scratcher. Is there a query I can run to view the duplicate and delete?
I do have a backup and have tried upgrading and reinstalling multiple times with the same result. A bit of a head scratcher.
Yes, indeed.

Could you please mail me a copy of the backup? (just the database dump).
I'd like to see what is going on.

Thanks
Thanks KK! DB has been PM'd.
Thanks.

I installed your SQL dump and found that it is messed up - while it shows the current version to be 1.4.5RC1, the tables contain fields that were only introduced from 2.0beta onwards. That would explain why the installer was complaining about existing fields.

To rectify the condition, please try this -
assuming you are still running the version that identifies itself as 1.4.5RC1, use your database management too to edit 'couch_settings' table. Change the value of 'k_couch_version' key to
2.0.beta

Now try the upgrade process afresh and let me know how it goes.
In case you still have any trouble, I was successfully able to upgrade the instance I recreated using the SQL dump you provided so I can send you the updated SQL.
Thanks KK. I updated the k_couch_version in the db to: 2.0.beta. I then added the 2.0 files again and now I am getting an HTTP ERROR 500 error.
Do you think the SQL file could be corrupted?
I think the trouble perhaps lies elsewhere in your installation - you should see the web server's log to know the exact cause.

Anyway, I am PMing you the SQL dump taken from the instance I created modifying your database.
It is definitely working for me. Try applying it to your installation. If the problem persists, create a brand new installation of Couch v2.1beta. Once you see that the pristine installation is working fine, apply the provided dump over that.

Hope it helps.
Thank you so much KK! That worked.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests
(based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests