Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
What email to apply to enable spam true for test?

Code: Select all
<cms:check_spam email='bad@email.com' />
Supply it the email submitted by the visitor through your form.
For example, if the form has a field named 'email', upon submission we can get its value in a variable named 'frm_email' - so we can use the following to check its spam status -
<cms:check_spam email=frm_email />
Blutbaden wrote: spam true for test

Any email from your mailbox spam folder?
KK wrote: Supply it the email submitted by the visitor through your form.
For example, if the form has a field named 'email', upon submission we can get its value in a variable named 'frm_email' - so we can use the following to check its spam status -

KK, I understand, here code:

<cms:if k_success >

I was looking to test spam check with bad email.

Trendoman, I posted this after trying a few from spam folder already and none triggered.
@Blutbaden, sorry, yes I misunderstood your original question.

Following are a couple of visitors that were very recently flagged as spam for this forum -
Username: barbaravaill
Email: barbaravaillancourt@yahoo.com
IP: 49.146.11.28
Score: 15

Username: durgaprasadzone
Email: durgazone53@gmail.com
IP: 117.226.202.50
Score: 42

You can try those values.
Please do remember that if you are logged-in as admin then the check is bypassed. So make sure to either logoff first or use a different browser to test your form.

Hope it helps.
ty KK, I was logged in as admin that was issue, any way to modify how a flagged user is handled, where they are redirected, etc?
any way to modify how a flagged user is handled, where they are redirected, etc?

Spammers are not indulged in the least and the scripts gets terminated as soon as it detects one.
The only thing that you can modify is the default message that gets shown to the spammer as follows -
<cms:check_spam email=frm_email display_message='<h2>Shoo off!!</h2><p>spammer.</p>' notify_email='john@doe.com' />

The other parameter above is the 'notify_email' - place your email here and you'll get an email every time a spammer is stopped.
7 posts Page 1 of 1